A Holistic In-fertility Approach
Are you the one couple out of 6 that is having fertility issues? You are not alone! The National Infertility Association, defines infertility as the inability to conceive or carry a pregnancy to term after 1 year. If over the age of 35, the time of trying to conceive is reduced to 6 months. Over 7 million women of child bearing age suffer from infertility issues, as reported by the U.S. Centers of Disease Control and Prevention.
Did you consider going to your chiropractor for fertility challenges? It is not normally the first thought going through couple's minds that have been trying to conceive without success. Chiropractic care can increase your success rate of conceiving by aligning the spine and pelvis allowing your body to function at optimal capacity!
"Mercier Therapy is a deep pelvic organ visceral manipulative technique in which the reproductive organs are mobilized and blood flow restored. Organ restrictions are relieved and movement replenished amongst the organs and surrounding structures to enhance their natural and most optimal function."
Visceral manipulation of the pelvic organs helps to break up adhesions in the pelvis and increase the blood flow to the ovaries and uterus. How do the adhesions get there?
- Abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Back surgery
- Endometriosis, sexually transmitted disease, IUD
- Fall onto hip, buttocks, or tailbone
- Hip surgery
- Low back, hip, or leg pain
- Pain or cramps in abdomen or groin
- Pain with sitting or with sexual intercourse
- Pelvic inflammatory disease, bladder or yeast infections
- Physical trauma or vehicle accident
- Physical or sexual abuse
- Physical PMS symptoms, Vaginitis, cystitis, colitis, other pelvic inflammations
Mercier Therapy has completed an ongoing 4 year study to show an 83% pregnancy success rate within one year of finishing the 6 week program. The study finished in September 2012 and was published in the Midwifery Today Spring 2013 journal.
IVF success rates (2014):
- 30% become pregnant
- 23% take home a baby.
Did you know it takes 120 days for an egg to develop and 60-90 days for sperm. What you are eating today will affect your egg and sperm quality 120 and 60 days from now. What's for dinner tonight?! You can read our "Nutrition and Fertility" blog for more information.
This gives you a brief understanding of our In-fertility program and hopefully has answered some of your questions. We are currently scheduling appointments for consultations and treatment.
Consultation consist of:
- Reviewing test from obgyn or fertility specialist
- Perform an external pelvic exam to check position and mobility of pelvic organs
- Discuss any additional test that need to be done
- Discuss the treatment protocol